We understand that as a designer it’s vital for you to have workable designs. Your clients can be demanding and you need to make sure you meet their comfort requirements at the same time as maximising your income.
Our knowledgeable and highly skilled team is very experienced in working closely with consultants. We will support you at all stages of your project, from the initial design concept through to the installation and commissioning process, ensuring that all your needs are met. This attention to detail ensures that the correct product is specified at all times.
Particular attention is paid to energy conservation with a strong, clear focus on optimising energy usage and improving system efficiency. Every stage of the design and building process is built on the key foundations of service and support, as our teams are dedicated to ensuring complete satisfaction until successful handover of the project.
Our detailed knowledge and understanding of HVAC applications makes us the ideal partner.
We offer our design engineers a multiple choice of solutions dependant upon the application and the building use, from simple and effective valves to complex commissioning concepts.
Products to help you
By specifying Marflow Hydronics’ range of PICCVs, less valves are required on the complete system (reducing capital and valve installation costs) whilst the efficient and automatic flow balancing capability of the PICV ensures that design flow rates are maintained irrespective of changes in demand.
PICCVs also reduce commissioning time and therefore speed up the handover time of the project.
Supplied individually or as part of the Xterminator valve assembly, Rotary PICCVs can be linked into the building’s BMS control system to take advantage of our ground breaking Remote® Commissioning concept – a system solution that offers all that is required to balance and control water flow to hydronic terminal units in a truly flexible and energy efficient way.
Dynamic Flow control valves enable dynamic pressure independent control in “real time”, networking with room temperature controllers over the HVAC bus, converting this to a flow set point whilst measuring the flow through the valve. Valve position is controlled so that the temperature set point in the room is maintained, irrespective of variations in pressure.
This system is particularly beneficial on buildings which are managed by Facilities Managers, as the valve always adapts automatically to system conditions, regardless of pressure variations, and will automatically seek the most optimal operating conditions to ensure maximum user comfort at minimum energy consumption.
Benefits to the Consulting Engineers include:
- “Smart valves” help optimise energy usage and achieve lower BREEAM ratings for the building
- Previous on-site difficulties with 2-Port control valves are a “thing of the past” due to the selection of PICVs
- Commissioning time is virtually eliminated as the PICVs automatically balance the circuit and sub circuit to the design flow rates and eliminate the use of traditional commissioning valves and differential pressure control valves
- Linear temperature control is achieved due to the equal percentage control characteristic of the valve and maximum control is maintained irrespective of the flow conditions
- Unoccupied sections of a building can be controlled efficiently and remotely
- Partially completed buildings can be handed over so that the return on investment for the client can be achieved sooner. Occupied floors can be balanced independently of those floors not yet completed or commissioned ensuring tenants are comfortable
- Late changes to building design are easily accommodated by the multi-function capability of the PICV
- Exact and precise control of differential pressures eliminates overflows at partial conditions and controls the temperature at low load conditions
- Full flexibility of flow adjustment
- 100% control valve authority lowers pump head and optimises energy consumption
- Changes to a building or space usage (whether permanent or seasonal) can be easily accommodated, manually or remotely, to ensure that comfort levels are maintained, flow and temperature control are optimised, reducing wasted energy in unoccupied or rarely used spaces
- When the rotary PICCV is selected, our unique and groundbreaking “Remote Commissioning” system allows it to be connected via BACnet to a BMS controller and a commissioning package. This permits adjustment of the PICVR from a remote PC without the need for physical presence in the building, thus avoiding the lengthy and obtrusive work on site in ceiling voids usually associated with manual balancing systems
- BSRIA tested and certified equipment
- Comprehensive literature, installation manuals and training available
- Highly skilled service and support team to assist you at all stages, on-site if required