Filterball Features & Benefits
Marflow Hydronics’ unique Filterball® is a compact combined isolation valve and strainer unit.
The in-built strainer screen removes the need for separate isolating valves up and downstream of traditional Y strainers, reducing capital and installation costs over traditional strainers and isolating valves used in these systems.
The 700 micron, 28 mesh stainless steel strainer screen is encapsulated within the ball and can be easily accessed for cleaning or maintenance through the side port of the valve, when the ball is in the isolation mode. The screen is manufactured in high quality 316 marine grade stainless steel for extra durability and excellent resistance to corrosion.
The body, ball, stem and nut of the Filterball®are manufactured in high quality DZR brass to BS2872 & 2874 CA132, thus avoiding any potential issues with dezincification or stress corrosion cracking when used in chilled water systems.
Available in sizes 15mm (1/2”) to 50mm (2”) and rated for 20 bar working pressure (PN20), the valve is suitable for working temperatures from -10°C up to 120°C due to the use of high temperature Viton stem seals.
All ball valve spindles are assembled from inside the valve to prevent blow out, but additionally two Viton stem seals are used in conjunction with a PTFE packing gland to give triple sealed blow out stem protection.
The two-piece body has a double connection seal for added security as a sealant is applied to the precision metal-to-metal seal between the body and the end piece.
Versatile and compact, the Filterball® can be installed in any horizontal position as well as in vertical installations, providing the directional arrow on the body is pointing downwards.
As long as the direction of flow is in line with the stamped arrow on the body, then the valve will operate as intended.
Some of the great features of our Filterball include:
- DZR body, ball, stem and nut
- Triple sealed blow out proof stem protection
- Internal spindle assembly prevents blow out
- Double body connection seal
- Removable centre port plug for cleaning
- Strainer can be easily inspected and removed for flushing through the side port of the valve
- Removable, high quality 700 micron, 28 mesh 316 grade stainless steel strainer screen
- Lower head loss than traditional “Y” pattern strainers due to the straight through design
- Less weight and space compared with traditional arrangements
- Isolation and straining in one single unit – eliminates the need for separate isolating valves required with traditional “Y” type strainers
- Single unit reduces installation space, time, number of connections and therefore costs compared with traditional products
- Lower head loss of the unit reduces resistance in the circuit, which optimises pump size and contributes to energy conservation
- DZR components protect from potential dezincification problems as well as reducing potential for stress corrosion cracking