Electronic Balancing ensures dynamic pressure independent flow control in HVAC variable volume, cooling and heating systems.
By networking over a BMS with room temperature controllers or sensors, the valve guarantees that dynamic pressure independent control is maintained in “real time”, providing the right flow to maintain the room temperature at all times whilst also measuring the flow through the valve.
The flow through the valve is controlled to counter pressure variations and to maintain the desired temperature in the room.
- Suitable for variable or constant flow control at a terminal, in zones or in a chilled beam in ceilings, we recommend that the Dynamx DXC is mounted in the return pipe which will improve the longevity of the product and also allow the built-in temperature sensor to measure return temperatures to enable power calculations.
- The valve is suitable for installation in a variety of orientations, (providing the flow direction arrow is observed), whilst capital savings can also be made on-site as straight lengths of pipe up and downstream of the valve, required with traditional balancing products, is eliminated.
- The Dynamx DXC is a MODBUS slave device, which communicates with a MODBUS master on the same BUS. The parameters of the DXC are easily set using the units’ LCD screen or using the MODBUS.
- The valve will control flow to a desired flow set point, irrespective of system pressure conditions, when in either an analogue or digital flow control mode.
- Detailed installation and commissioning instructions and technical assistance are available from our service and support team, which consists of highly skilled sales engineers who have a wealth of experience in design, installation and commissioning in HVAC systems.
- The unit is supplied factory configured to start-up in the commissioning mode (CX-mode), which will allow the system to be flushed without a control signal being applied.
- The CX mode remains in force until the control signal exceeds 8Vdc or the mode is deactivated using either the LCD display on the unit or MODBUS. Once “Flow mode” has been selected, the Dynamx can then be set by an analogue signal or set digitally using MODBUS. In analogue mode the Dynamx controls water flow in relation to the signal received whereas digital mode allows the operator full control to set the flow as required.
- The Dynamx has a linear or an equal percentage control characteristic dependant upon the mode used.
As the valve monitors and measures precise information on energy flows at all levels within the system, then the primary pumps can be controlled to ensure that only the correct volume of water is delivered and distributed to each floor when required.