Pressure Independent Control Valves
A Pressure Independent Control Valve, or PICV as it is commonly known, is a multi-functional valve, combining the operation of 3 different valves in one convenient and compact unit. The PICV acts as a differential pressure control valve, a regulating valve and a 2-port control valve.
Use of these valves in a commercial heating or cooling system allows comfort levels to be optimised at least cost, reducing ongoing energy consumption and improving the efficiency of the system to outstanding levels.
Significant cost and installation benefits can be gained by installing PICVs.
Use of these eliminates the need for conventional commissioning or balancing / regulating valves as well as 2-port control valves, differential pressure control and their respective partner valves, as seen in conventional HVAC systems.
Marflow Hydronics supplies 2 different types of PICVs in sizes ranging from DN15 to DN50 and also a range of flanged PICVs in sizes DN65- DN150. This is in addition to Electronic Flow Control.
Each type of PICV is available and can be supplied individually or as an integral part of the Xterminator® valve set.
Features & Benefits
- Reduced design time and risks due to the multifunction capability of the PICV
- Valve selection is simplified, as no authority calculations are required
- Minimal commissioning time and reduced costs, allowing quicker building completion and handover with savings to the contractor and building owner
- Guaranteed performance of the system and optimisation of energy usage
- Unoccupied sections of a building can be controlled efficiently and remotely
- Late changes to building design are easily accommodated by the multi-function capabilities of the range of PICVs
- Absolute and precise control of flow. Full stroke equal percentage temperature control
- Capital costs of a project are reduced as traditional balancing, 2-port control and differential pressure control valves are replaced by the PICVs
- Exact and precise control of differential pressures eliminates overflows at partial conditions and controls the temperature at low load conditions
- 100% control valve authority lowers pump head and optimises energy consumption
- Changes to a building or space usage (whether permanent or seasonal) can be easily accommodated, manually or remotely, to ensure that comfort levels are maintained and energy usage optimised
- Easy integration into the buildings’ BMS system
- Dynamic balancing in full or part load conditions
- Highly skilled service and support team available to assist you at all stages, on-site if required